Monday 6 May 2013

Couples Portraits

I am writing the responses for my models, since my rabbit can't exactly write it herself. For my couples portraits assignment, I chose to photograph my brother, Jeff, and my rabbit, Lucy. We just got Lucy at the end of the March Break, and she's now about 4 months old. She's a sweetheart, but she has a big soft spot for my brother. When we take her out of the cage and let her run, she often follows Jeff around, even going as far as following him up the stairs. He's also the only person, other than me, who Lucy allows to "trance" her (flip her over on her back and cradle her). She often also binkies (jumps high, kicks her feet and runs quickly) around Jeff, which means she's very happy. 

I think that I was successful in showing Jeff and Lucy's relationship in these photos. I wanted to capture Lucy's love for being around Jeff, and his desire to care for her. Through the photos of him cradling her, I manage to show her comfortability around Jeff. Then, in the photo of Lucy following Jeff up the stairs, I was able to show how much she wants to be around him. Overall, I think that my photos turned out well and show the good relationship between Lucy and Jeff.